Technical Sales Support Engineer
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales support services.
- Supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs.
- Preparing client quotations and administering client accounts.
- Liaising with other members of the sales team as well as marketing and technical staff.
- Preparation of demos of NAG software/programming support.
- Working in NAG's key vertical markets which include, but are not limited to academia, research, financial services, aerospace, defence, engineering and business analytics.
- The role will include a significant amount of UK and international travel selling NAG's products and services.
- A mathematical, engineering or scientific degree.
- Programming experience in a maths or engineering environment (such as MATLAB, Python, ...)
- A tenacious individual with drive coupled with a consultative approach.
- Team player, enthusiastic, well organised.
Desirable, but not essential qualifications
- Technical product pre-sales / technical support and/or sales experience.
- Scientific software technical support experience.
- Teaching or training experience (perhaps as a Teaching Assistant).
- A second language.
The post will be based in Oxford. Excellent salary package (£35,000 - £50,000 OTE) dependent on experience etc., with very generous pension and holiday arrangements, non-contributory health care and superb flexible working environment.
Applicants should state clearly that they are currently eligible to work in the United Kingdom without obtaining any additional permit or authorisation. All applications must come directly from the candidate.
NAG does not deal with agencies.
Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the same if you require any further information.
The Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG) specialises in the provision of software for the solution of mathematical and statistical problems. This software is used by companies and institutions in a diverse range of industries all over the world to solve problems in many areas of commerce, science and engineering. The range of products and services that NAG offers has continually expanded and includes the NAG Library, compilers and application development tools, all backed up by expert consultancy and technology licensing.