Table of Contents
- 1 Architecture
- 2 Module Suite
- 2.1 COVISA Server
- 2.2 MServer Before Connection
- 2.3 MServer After Connection
- 2.4 MShare Modules Before Connection
- 2.5 MShare Modules After Connection
- 2.6 MAdvisor
- 2.7 Additional Modules
- 3 Programmer API
- 4 On-The-Fly Collaboration
- 5 End User Applications
- 6 FAQ
List of Figures
- Figure 1-1 Multi-User Architecture
- Figure 1-2 Local Server Module
- Figure 1-3 Advisor Module
- Figure 1-4 Share Module in Disconnected and Connected State
- Figure 2-1 MServer Module Before Connection
- Figure 2-2 MServer Module After Connection
- Figure 2-3 An MShare Module Before Connection
- Figure 2-4 An MShare Module After Connection
- Figure 2-5 The MAdvisor Module
- Figure 2-6 MSharePointer Before and After Connection
- Figure 2-7 MSharePointer Wired to Render
- Figure 2-8 Changing the Mode of the Render Module
- Figure 2-9 MShareGraph3D Before and After Connection
- Figure 2-10 MShareLatToGeom Before and After Connection
- Figure 4-1 MServer in the Librarian
- Figure 4-2 MServer Module
- Figure 4-3 Introducing MShareParam into the cfd Map
- Figure 4-4 Wiring MShareParam into the cfd Map
- Figure 4-5 IsosurfaceLat Wired for Multiple Control
- Figure 4-6 MShareLat Used to Share a Colormap
- Figure 4-7 Collaborating over Geometry
© 2000 The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd.
All rights reserved. No part of this manual may be reproduced, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, translated into any language or computer language or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.
The copyright owner gives no warranties and makes no representations about the contents of this manual and specifically disclaims any implied warranties or merchantability or fitness for any purpose.
The copyright owner reserves the right to revise this manual and to make changes from time to time in its contents without notifying any person of such revisions or changes.
NAG is a registered trademark of:
The Numerical Algorithms Group Limited The Numerical Algorithms Group Inc The Numerical Algorithms Group (Deutschland) GmbH Nihon Numerical Algorithms Group KK NAG Ltd Nihon NAG KK Wilkinson House Yaesu Nagaoka Bldg. No. 6 Jordan Hill Road 1-9-8 Minato Oxford Chuo-ku United Kingdom OX2 8DR Tokyo, Japan Tel: +44 (0)1865 511245 Tel: +81 (0)3 5542 6311 Fax: +44 (0)1865 310139 Fax: +81 (0)3 5542 6312 NAG GmbH NAG Inc Schleißheimerstraße 5 1400 Opus Place, Suite 200 85748 Garching Downers Grove, IL 60515-5702 Deutschland USA Tel: +49 (0)89 3207395 Tel: +1 630 971 2337 Fax: +49 (0)89 3207396 Fax: +1 630 971 2706
NAG also has a number of distributors through the world. Please contact NAG for further details.
Silicon Graphics and IRIS are registered trademarks and IRIS Explorer, Open Inventor and OpenGL are trademarks of Silicon Graphics, Inc. Microsoft, Windows, Windows NT and Visual C++ are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Alpha AXP and DEC are trademarks of Digital Equipment Corporation. Intel is a registered trademark and Pentium is a trademark of Intel Corporation. UNIX is a registered trademark of the Open Group. SIOD is © Copyright 1988-1992 by Paradigm Associates Incorporated, Cambridge, Massachusetts. All rights reserved. All trademarks acknowledged.